Monday 29 March 2010

Centering Prayer - Letting go of thoughts

When I release my feeble sense of what I feel or what I think I should feel and the limited thoughts I have and every other scattered thought - not that I can 'get rid' of thoughts - but when I allow them to be as something other - detached from these things then His presence becomes all that there is. All I have left is my consent to His activity within - but what does that mean? whatever i think it means I let go of and allow Him to interpret what He means by it. Jesus in me surrendering to the will of God ... 'Not my will but Thy will be done' ... I am taken up into the Kenotic movement of the Triune God ...there is nothing that we surrender that He does not more than compensate for either im-mediately or in greater measure further down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment